Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For all the Egg Forum Oldtimers............

Options
2»

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Howard,
    I remember my very first question to the Forum: "How long does it take knuckle hair to grow back?" I really didn't ask the question because I wanted to know the answer, but it was my way of introducing myself and joining in the chats. I "wanted" to participate and if I just remained a Lurker I would have never felt like I was participating. [p]In addition, Newbies are coming up with all kinds of creative recipes that I may want to know about. When I ask a question I look forward to their input along with the oldtimers. Not only does it give me another option it allows the Newbie to participate.[p]I agree that this is a very comfortable Forum to be in whether as a Lurker or Participator, but especially as a Participator.[p]Spring "Need'n About An Inch Of Participation" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Howard,[p]I've been part of this egg "family" for about 5 years now and was welcomed with open arms the first time I posted. Being in a minority as a female on this male dominated board, I was hesitant to make that first post, thinking that I'd get slammed (as I'd seen happen on so many web boards - some can be really mean). Well, that didn't happen. I was treated with respect and my culinary skills grew exponentially as the years passed.[p]Many of the folks here are some of my best friends. We meet up at numerous fests on a regular basis and they'd all give me anything they could if I was ever in need. The folks on this forum GIVE of themselves, and I can only hope to measure up to them.[p]Do I ever tire of it? Nope. I'm proud to be able to give back in some small way. What I've gained is far more than "information". I've gained culinary skills, artistic skills, perception (the ability to decide what ingredient to add based on flavors that go well together), creativity, presentation, and confidence. Plus, I've gained a whole host of dear friends (a priceless and unmeasurable outcome).[p]Newbies, welcome to all of you and bring on the questions! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• Howard,[p]I'm a newbie and I've had trouble using the search feature. I just tried it again today and it seems to be working fine. But a short time ago I was doing many searches and every time I clicked the link to see the post, it gave a page not found.
  • Rob,[p]Yeah......that happens on the old site. The new site is slow but works much better