Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you, thank you, thank you fellow EggHeads.....

Options
mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to thank everyone for being here tonight as I accept this award, given to me by my friends and family, for the 'Best Burgers You Ever Made'. [p]I followed everyone's advice, and combined a few of them together and made the best freakin' burgers that I've ever experienced in my life, and in the 2+ years I've had a BGE.[p]I went with indirect burgers that were homeade with Worcestershire, Garlic powder, Onion Powder and a generous helping of Dizzy Dust. Then put some Raisin' the Steaks on right before they hit the grill. Also through on some sweet potatoes sliced thin and coated in Peanut Oil and Dizzy Dust. All cooked indirect at 325°-350° with a packet of Oak Pellets thrown on right before the food.[p]AAAAMazing. We've never had a burger where cheese and condiments weren't needed. The burger was juicy and flavorful and not overly seasoned where you couldn't tell it was a burger. This is the way we will make burgers from now on, so I thank you all from the bottom of my stomach, errr heart ;)[p]•mojopin[p]On a side note.... I have a VW Touareg and I was reading through some forums... they call their Touaregs... Eggs. My Egg this, my egg that... I just thought it was funny.

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    mojopin, [p]First of all, let me tell you, MP, that I hate you for having a Toaureg. And that I am kidding. I am jealous, however. I am (still) driving a 1994 Mitsubishi Montero with 170,000 miles on it that looks new and drives like new. No way, for me, to rationalize ditching something I love because it's old. But I want as Toaureg next.... (And, speaking of ditching, I am still on my first husband - but I leave home a lot.)[p]Now I want to make you a bit jealous: I am in Barrie, Ontario, http://www.canadianbarbecueassociation.com/ & just finished judging the Canadian BBQ Championship. It's a 2 day affair, right on the shore of Lake Simcoe (& I brought my kayak!). It's been incredible - Dr. BBQ was the head judge and I was an on-site judge, so I was wined & dined and treated like royalty! It was the Canadian Jack Daniels qualifier & the teams were the best of the best. The team that won cooked on Big Green Eggs! Lots of them. I will remember this weekend forever as a top life experience.[p]Eggs rule![p]JCA[p]
    [ul][li]Barrie[/ul]