Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Steak

Options
smokinsop
smokinsop Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Low and slow or hot and quick?? need a recipe for tonight. About one inch thick steaks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    smokinsop,
    I grill them at 450 until almost done. I put them in an aluminan pan covered with BBQ sauce and let them simmer for a couple of hours. I normally use Maulls BBQ sauce. It is a St. Louis tridition. Good luck, Tom

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    e3da15d0.jpg
    <p />smokinsop,[p]1" thick are some nice ones!! If they are cut from the shoulder, I do them at 250°, turning often enough to keep the color right. I guess they would average about 4 hours to cook.[p]556dd887.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • smokinsop
    smokinsop Posts: 180
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Direct??? Raised grid?

• Unknown
    Options
    smokinsop,[p]I like to rub them with Smokin' Guns Hot rub and cook them indirect at about 275 degrees until they are about done and then slop on a thick layer of Blues Hog sauce. The meat I get is usually cut about 1/2" thick. It's one of our favorite treats.[p]31MVC-004S.jpg[p]Dave