Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome alignment

Options
smalljaws
smalljaws Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my egg preasembled and after a few weeks of cooking I noticed the dome was off alignment both front to back and side to side. I was able to correct the side to side issue by loosening and tightening the upper and lower bands. However, I have not been able to correct the front to back problem. The dome sits back about 1/4" (maybe a little more). I think it has resulted in the top gasket getting worn more rapidly then expected and it just bothers me that it is not right.

I think I need to break down the whole thing and reassemble; however, I don't have (never did)the spring retainer bands. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stabilize the hinge/spring without the bands? Of course any other suggestions on how to fix the alignment problem would also be welcome