Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg’s new 3 grate contraption

Options
2»

Comments

• KBuck
    KBuck Posts: 42
    Options
    okesmokie, I used a square drip pan bent a little to fit in the (legs up) plate setter. It catches most of the grease, but some gets down on the setter and fire ring. Further into the cook, the meat can be better positioned over the pan.

• Unknown
    Options
    okesmokie,[p]I haven't seenm the BGE version as I use Old Dave's contraption. Obviously, the main limitation of the Egg is space. You can load up any vertical device with meat but I think once you start getting outside the indirect area you run into the danger of drying out portions of the meat. You could rotate the meat to avoid this but not sure how affective that is cooking throughout the night. Not sure if the BGE version is any better or worse than what others have built[p]Howard

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    okesmokie, might it be better to put the briskets on the top two grids and the butt on the lower grid. That way you can take full advantage of the widest part of the egg for them long body briskets and give the best chance for vertical air movement around that slightly thinner butt. Hopefully, the two small grids are just long enough to support the briskets.........T