Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef tenderloin

Options
Orio Kid
Orio Kid Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a good recipe....going to try a beef tenderloin for New Years.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    ORIO KID,
    When I get around to doing a beef tenderoin, I will do this one.
    Nothing but god things I have heard.
    happy new year
    NB

[ul][li]SloMo's stuffed tenderloin[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S11_14_9918_41_04.jpg
    <p />ORIO KID, sounds almost like last week. I haven't done slomo's recipe but I have done the "Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin" from Smoke & Spice a couple of time - it was great, but you have to like the flavor of bourbon and pepper. [p]Check out the link for pictures, times and recipe. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

[ul][li]Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin [/ul]
  • Orio Kid
    Options

Nature Boy,
    Thanks I think I will give this a try.

• ORIO KID,
    I did tenderloin for christmas dinner. If I do say so myself, it was phenomenal. Everyone said it was the best meat they had ever had. It was not fancy, but what I did was rub the tenderloin with crushed black pepper,garlic, and kosher salt. I had the egg at 375 and cooked until the internal temp was 140. It was perfect. If someone wants rare, the inside is great. The end pieces are more medium to medium well.
    I had some left over and froze it to make quesidillas at the Tennessee Titans game next sunday.
    Good luck with whatever you try. [p]