Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometre Q.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have made heaps of phone calls and cannot seem to get the Polder style thermometre with the wire and external guage over here. I will only be using it for low & slow stuff, so should I settle for an instant read probe with dial type, or lash out and order the digital external guage version from the States?[p]I went out to a brickyard just before Christmas and picked up a range of (refractory or kiln) firebricks including a 12 inch sq. that is 2 inches thick. Dusted with a bit of flour it makes great pizzas with minimal chance of burning the base. Yeah you're right Tim..... I owe you a beer. I'll meet you half way.[p]Best wishes for the season to all eggers,
Peter T

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Aussie ,[p]I am not sure I would go to the middle east for a Auzzie beer (assuming that is half way) since that place is not to my liking. Let me know if you would like me to buy and send you a Polder thermometer. I think they can be had for under $25. The only ones I have seen lately are the newer models -- they have a few more features than the old model. I have no idea what shipping would be.
    Might swap you for a beer or two though!
    Tim

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, you could also meet in Guam (or there abouts!)... maybe Tahiti

• Aussie ,
    I agree with Tim M.! I don't think either of you want to go there for a beer! :-)))
    I just got the newest edition of the King Arthur flour catalog and they show a "Polder" @ $19.95 plus shipping. I wish I'd gotten it 2 weeks earlier! I'll list the e-mail address so you don't have to search![p]It's great to know this "crazy cult" thing is world wide![p]Hope you and your family have a great New Year![p]Dr. Chicken

• Aussie ,
    I must have done something wrong! The address is;[p]www.KingArthurFlour.com[p]Dr. C

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Aussie ,[p] If you are going to the trouble of ordering the polder, may I suggest that you also order an extra probe or two. These ceramic units tend to get away from you from time to time. It would be a shame not to have a back-up, just in case you got over the 380F mark, it would fry your only unit.

Earl

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Earl,[p]I just called my friend Denise at Polder and left a msg (they don't open until 11am). I hope to hear from her today to see if she can ship to Aussie. That would make it really easy if they can.[p]Tim