Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too much snow to get my egg.

Options
Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a very merry christmas to you all. Great people on this board. My great friends have given me enough gift certificates to get my egg. Now there is to much snow to take it through the yard to my porch. I just cant win this year. However I hope to get it home the first warm days we get. My dealer is saying there is a price increase coming and I need to give him some money down before the end of the year. Does anyone know if he is snowing me. HA HA thanks uncle dave

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    snowegg.jpg
    <p />Uncle Dave,[p]The only thing that goes down these days is the value of my portfolio. Get that Egg as soon as you can. Once you get it you can laugh at the snow or cold weather as the Egg totally ignores it. It cooks the same at 10 deg as at 100 deg and that is something NO metal cooker can claim.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,
    I started the Family's 18 1/2 pound Christmas ham at 7:30am this morning. Outside temperature was 9 degrees, 5/6 inches of snow on the ground and more on the way! BGEGG fired up, now at 250/260 and holding. Awesome!! Try that with a metal "smoker" and I'll gaurantee you a long frustrating day, with a finish in the conventional oven. Embarassing to any "expert" smoker![p]Thanks to "Dr. Chicken" for the great looking recipe. I know it will turn out great!

• Uncle Dave,
    I started 18 1/2pound ham at 7:30am, outside temp was 9 degrees. Finished ahead of schedule at 4:00pm and the outside temperature never got above 18 degrees. The Ham was beautiful and all ate well. We have leftovers! All I can think of is "Ham & .....+" My imagination runs wild. I will try my first attempt at a picture, but I am to full and lazy right now to think.[p]Thank Dr. Chicken!!!!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Daddy,
    You are entirely welcome! I'm glad everything turned out so well! Hollar back anytime! I hope your Christmas was as nice or even better than the ham![p]Merry Christmas to you and all of you on the Forum![p]Dr. Chicken