Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Splashed Kababs

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been 'sperimenting pretty heavily with that Hellmans citrus splash. Workin still on the Oriental Orange flavor. Did me some kabobs tonight with a slab of turkey breast meat I sliced off of a whole turkey we used to make a huge pot of broth. These were great, and would work well with boneless chicken breasts too. [p]I used about 4 TBS of the Citrus Splash, 1 TBS oyster sauce, TBS soy sauce, 1 BS peanut butter, 1 TBS peanut oil, 1 tsp Sesame oil, 1 tsp cracked ppper, 1/2 tsp grains of paradise, and some garlic and ginger powder. Slice the meat into strips (maybe 1/4 inch think), marinated for a few hours and folded onto the skewers. Cooked them direct over an established 350 degree fire for about 20 minutes, flipping every 5. [p]And it was good. Great caramelization from the peanut butter, and a very nice balance between the citrus and salty flavors.[p]Yesterday for lunch, i did another variation. Made a paste from yellow mustard, dijon mustard, citrus splash, Prudhommes poultry magic rub, and penzeys cajun rub. Slathered it on a boneless/skinless breast and it was KILLER![p]Give this Splash stuff a try...and let your imagination run wild.
Enjoy the cold weather.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nature Boy, Well I hope your happy. I hungry. I'll be off to Sams tommorrow for babybacks, a few other supplies, and citrus splash. My wife told me they had like a 4 sampler pack up there. I'll have to find my old recipe for kabobs and try on humpty for New Year's Eve. It takes about 3 beers I know for sure. One goes in the marinade and you drink the other 2 while putting the rest of the ingredents in.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Per last nites experiment, I can give a thumbs up to oriental orange as a marinade for fresh tuna steaks. I only added a little peanut oil and chipotle powder. [p]Ya gotta love that splash!![p]K~G