Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daisy Wheel

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the going price for a daisy wheel and it that much better than a slider.

Comments

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    J. Wilson,[p]My local dealer sells the daisy/slider for 35.00. For cooks at 250 and under, I use the daisy. I use the slider for anything over 250. However, recently, I have been using the slider for 250 cooks and it works just as well as the daisy. If all I had was a slider, I would not be disappointed.[p]Carl T
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    J. Wilson, I have a slider and have been able to keep extremely constant temps....I wouldn`t trade it for anything.
    Mop[p]

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    J. Wilson,
    If I had to do it over again, I would just get the slider/daisy combo and be done with it. You don't need any top for high temp, but the daisy top seems to work good at low temp, plus it gives you something to fiddle with during the cook, if you are so inclined, and it makes you feel like you helped with all your adjusting. :)
    So to sum it up, a slider will do everything a daisy can, but just not as elegant. (IMO)
    later,
    ChefRD

• J. Wilson,
    My local dealer has the Non-sliding daisy wheel for $29.