Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib success 3-1-1

Larry McSassLarry McSass Posts: 56
edited 7:14AM in EggHead Forum
Okay, I must admit that I doubted ever wrapping baby backs in foil during a slow cook, but I tried the 3-1-1 today for the first time and they were incredible.  7 people almost polished off 6 huge racks of ribs I made for a poker game tonight.  I sprayed with apple juice and cider every hour and basted with my special sauce.  Everyone raved about the tenderness and taste.  I used both apple and hickory to smoke.  I will never cook another way, and I plan on perfecting these as time goes by as ribs have always been my specialty.  I think I convinced one to buy a BGE tonight.  By the way, down here in lowly Sarasota, FL, I have been pestering the guy at the BGE retailer in town (Sarasota Fireplace) to get Dizzy Pig for months as he carries a variety of other rubs and accessories.  He told me today that he is expecting his first shipment this week and he is excited about carrying it.