Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On Track now

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to the information on this forum I am beginning to master my big green mate. There is limited info in Australia on eggs, I dont even know who else has one.......other than the guy at the shop I bought it from said he tasted chicken off one owned by the importer. (They cost about $1000 here for the large egg without accecories). The only guide I had was the manual. [p]I didn't know about the indirect method using firebricks until I saw TimM's pictures, and I am on my way to a brickyard this arvo. I have an 8 pound turkey breast and a 10 pound leg of pork in the freezer, a heap of red gum charcoal and a renewed enthusiasm for egging on Christmas day.[p]Well its about 30 degrees celcius (85 farenheit) here in Sydney today without a cloud in the sky. Should be hot for Christmas day so I'm glad that although we dont know much about eggs here......... we make great beer.[p]Happy and safe Christmas to you all.[p]Aussie Pete. [p]

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Aussie, Merry Christmas to you and happy egging. Lots of talented cooks around here. I just bought my wife a pair of UGG boots for Christmas. Fresh from your home country. It is almost a sin they are so comfortable on your feet.[p]CWM

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Aussie,[p]Welcome to the forum and the family! Throw the owner's manual away and use this forum to help get you started. Ask anything at all and many will chime in to assist you.[p]Have a great Christmas,[p]K~G

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Aussie,
    Welcome! The guys are right, throw the book away and use the forum for all of you Eggucation. Does this mean The Cult of The Big Green Egg has a budding branch in the outback?
    Can't wait to here someone yell, "Put some shrimp on Eggie". How do you cook a 'roo shoulder? Lordie, this just opens soooo many new doors for some of you cult guys & gals.
    Again, welcome and enjoy[p]Carey[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Aussie,[p]Well, since the pictures helped so much - how about sending some of that great beer you mentioned as a thanks?[p]Tim :-]
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Aussie,[p]You aren't alone. Give a hollar to our cousin Frans down under.[p]K~G

[ul][li]Frans in Australia[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Aussie,
    Welcome! We hope to visit your country someday; we hear there's even some Irish music Down under. About that turkey breast...don't forget to brine it for a day before roasting. Read the recipes and notes here; other advice was worthwhile re: tossing the manual. The half size firebricks and a pizza stone will free up your creativity.
    Happy Holidays!
    Gretl