Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

14 lb whole brisket help and links needed !!

EggSport
EggSport Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have less than 10 cooks done in my new Large EGG, all pretty enjoyable. My only other slow cook experience was a Boston Butt on a CharBroil Bandera. The Butt came out really well, but the firetending and charcoal usage ran me to BGE. I have not learned to effectively search this Forum but I know there are extensive brisket posts to help me.
I just picked up this 14 pound whole brisket today (in a sealed bag) and it is in the fridge.
I have some John Henry's Texas Brisket Rub just for this cook. I plan to read recipes, write a schedule, and otherwise plan thoroughly before I open the bag and start the process.
Please help if you can by pointing me to the best threads/posts you know for doing this large brisket in the large EGG. I also post on the BBQ Brethren Forum (Q_Egg), and get enthusiastic help, but I know there are unique issues with the BGE (and ceramic cookers in general) which I need to know.
I have a pizza stone, a plate setter, a grill extender and an extra expanded steel grill cut to fit the EGG.

Many thanks in advance!

Tom B.
EggSport