Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3/1/1.5 #1

Options
Dec
Dec Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried the 3/1/1.5 last weekend on a fat rack a pork ribs. The results were outstanding. Meat so tender I could cry. Looks like Tony Roma's will be seeing much less of me. Now if I could only get the brisket down.[p]Dec

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Dec,
    I have done several in the past. In the submitted recipe section, Buckaroos Brisket will give you a good starting point. I take mine up to an internal temperature of 200 degrees. At 200 they are quite easy to pull, but not as easy as pork.
    Fireball

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    20000924_133922_small.jpg
    <p />Dec, glad the ribs turned out great! Sometime instead of brisket, try an English cut chuck roast - at 200 degrees it pulls as easily as pork. Mix it with a little BBQ sauce and the result is great pulled BBQ beef sandwiches. Good luck![p]A word of caution - at 200 degrees internal pull it, don't try to slice it - it will just fall apart.

[ul][li]Pulled Beef BBQ[/ul]
  • Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    Gfw,[p]That looks very good. I may make one for our company Thanksgiving potluck. I guess you would eat it in the same manner as pulled pork. Cheap white bun, sauce and coleslaw optional.[p]Dec
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    20000924_135004_small.jpg
    <p />Dec, something like in the picture - simplicity! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]