Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Turkey Has Landed

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We bought a whole turkey breast the other day. That will make a total of eight meals, and is more than we are liable to enjoy day after day.[p]I decided to try something a little different. I began by skinning one side before removing it from the bone, being careful to not cut the skin where it attached to the other side. I set this first side aside, to cut into cutlets for grilling sometime in the future. Then I boned the second side, now with the excess skin from the first side still attached. I wrapped the excess skin around the boned breast, tied it, and roasted the bundle at 350 for an hour and a half. Between the added fat and the nature of the Egg, it was moist, tender and succculent.[p]Oh... the roasting. I used my Sandbagger ring (Thanks! Sandbagger. It works like a charm) set up for indirect with a pair of split firebricks and a throwaway aluminum drip pan.[p]Sorry, no pictures. Dishes like this have made turkey a regular feature on our menus.[p]Ken