Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will they be done @ the same time

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Y'all[p]I am doing my first feast on the BGE......................:>)[p]
Cooking baby backs and a 6 lbs. chiken on a stand.[p]Q is ..........will they be done @ the same time??? I have cooked a chicken in about 1 1/2 hours at 300/350...I want to slow it down to 275/300...............
I know I don't have all the info that you need but I will check back in about 30 min............[p]Signed.................so eggcited.......................[p]Mick

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]It has been my experience that chichen (foul in general) does better at 350 and up. Below 325 seems to make it gray and rubbery and won't brown the skin. You can do ribs at 350 but it will require some indirect cooking.
    The ribs will take 5 hrs at 250 deg. [p]Tim

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Me guess is the chicken will take 2 hours max at 350. 325 is the hottest I would ccok the babybacks, and that would be indirect over a drip pan. Babybacks take about 3-3.5 hours at 300 indirect. The chicken might take 2.5-3 hours at 300 indirect. [p]Just some ideas off the top of me 'ead.
    Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ