Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pheasant

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My pheasant's are ready to put in the egg. Any sugestions for great results? I have five, skin has been removed.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Bruce,[p]I would use a sitter in a drip pan to cook the birds. Give the meat a light coating of peanut oil (no flavor - just helps seal the surface and transfer the heat). If you like a flavoring on the bird, mix it with a bit of peanut oil and then baste the exposed meat. Cook at 300-325°F for 20 min/lb (avg bird weight) or to 160°F in the breast. Allow a rest for the heat to distribute before serving.[p]With some liquid added to the drip pan (beer, wine, pineapple juice, a mixture, etc - adding spices is good) the cooking temp can be lowered to 250°F and then figure closer to 30 min/lb for the cook. The result is equally as tender - just a better influx of the flavorings into the meat.[p]This method can only do 3 of your five birds at one time.[p]Spin
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Spin,
    Did you get any of the pheasant that my husband did at EGGtoberfest? The guy that brought the beer trailer "just happened to have some: in a cooler.... JCA

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Yes I did and it was excellent. My congratulations to Steve.[p]Spin