Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GFW's Incredible Edible Chili!

Options
Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I 'egged' a batch of GFW's black bean chili last night for gameday tomorrow. It has small strips of sirloin rather than ground beef in it and plenty of the right seasonings. I didn't add hardwood, but the lump coal imparts an incredible smokey flavor to the chili.[p]I'll be following the advice from the footnote in the recipe and simmering it again tomorrow morning on the egg before serving.[p]Here is the link to GFW's site if you are interested. Just look under the heading 'beans & chili':
http://yyyz.net/bge/default.asp[p][p]One of the best chilis I've ever had. Thanks GFW![p]Tractor[p]

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Tractor, glad you liked the chili - but I have to give credit where it is do - the original recipe (I also have it posted) came from ChefRD - I merely changed it to suit my tastes - great thing about having a basic recipe - changing it to your taste can be a great experience - I finished the last of mine about 2 days ago (I make it and freeze it in individual servings) and it's about time to make some more. [p]Life is GOOD! :~}

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Tractor,
    BEANS. again? Chili?