Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribs and butt

Options
steelman
steelman Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook a butt Mon for the little ones birthday but I was also wanting to cook some ribbs. Would it be a good Idea to throw the ribs on a raised grid about 4 hours before the but is done, or do i need to put the butt on the raised grid?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Steelman,
    you can do that, sure, but the ribs (spares? baby backs?) will probably take longer than 4 hours. more like 5 to 6.[p]the butt (and ribs) need to be indirect. [p]if the butt is done before the ribs you can foil it and put it in a small cooler to hold for up to 3 hours or so without it getting cold or being un-safe, food-safety-wise

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • steelman
    steelman Posts: 18
    Options
    stike,
    Thanks, would the butt or ribbs be better on the raised grid?

• Unknown
    Options
    Steelman,
    If you need to use a raised grid for space reasons then I would put the ribs on the raised grid. If space is not an issue then add the ribs on the main grid the last 5 hours or so with the butt. Ribs and Butts cook at about the same temp 225-250 (indirect) so you should have no problems.