Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef marinade recipe posted

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some killer london broil tonight, and I made extra so I would have some leftovers. It's great cold.[p]Thanks BD for the suggestion on skeweing the shrooms, and marinating them in the same marinade. After slicing the medium rare london broil (LB) thin against the grain, I served the skewered grilled shrooms, with the medium rare london broil.....and a second batch where I stir-fried onions/shrooms and added slices of egged LB and cooked the meat a bit more to my wife's liking. [p]Both versions were great...I had equal portions of each...and so did the kids. Thought the marinade was worth sharing, as it really compliments beef. Hope you like it....if you get a chance to try it.[p]Have a great night!
NB

[ul][li]Oyster Sauce Beef Marinade[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Nature Boy,
    If you added Guinness, would you omit the vinegar?
    R&J

• Nature Boy
    RhumAndJerk,
    I dunno. Would you?
    I am Mr. non-scientific. Not sure if the Guinness would give the same kind of edge. Who knows...it's not very much vinegar.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    Nature Boy,
    Usually, if I add vinegar, I do not add beer or wine they would ”spoil” each other. I could be totally of base here and would love to hear the thoughts of the gang.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

• Nature Boy
    RhumAndJerk,
    Sort of a chemical reaction thing eh? When I lost my emails and bookmarks over the summer, I lost that link (I think you posted) about marinades. That was the one that said only buttermilk and yogurt truly tenderize meat, and that many acids and enzymes (that most people think tenderize) actually toughen the meat or change the texture. Anyway, didn't that article also talk about vinegar?? Dang...I feel lost without my folders full of links.[p]Non Marinade Scientist.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    Nature Boy,
    I am not remembering that one. I will search my archives. Maybe it is time to post a thread and get opinions.[p]The important thing to remember is that if it works for you then it works. Heck, why not try an eggsperiment and find out what the results are with or without the Guinness.[p]Non-Marinade Scientist as well
    Neat recipe by the way.
    RhumAndJerk[p][p]

• Nature Boy
    RhumAndJerk,
    Thanks. It's a real simple quick marinade to make...and top round is inexpensive. Why not! The most expensive thing would be the guinness! Also would like to try 2 or 4 times as much jerk seasoning, and a longer marinade.
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com