Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crown Roast of Pork

Options
Nessmuk
Nessmuk Posts: 251
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As we have done annualy, we smoke a 16 rib, Crown Roast of Pork. It weighs about 10 pounds. I discovered a cookbook during my Vietnam tour. The title is "Great Dinners from Life." Our favorites are Sauerbraten & Matambre...a variation of German Rouladen.[p]We have tried almost every filler for the center. The one we have settled on is spicy, hot Italian sausage. It gives the pork a little sharp taste.[p]I cook it @ 225 to 250 & spritz once an hour with 1 bottle of olive oil & 1 of spple juice. I expect it will be done in 4 to 6 hours. The polder registered 51 degrees in the meat product.[p]As usual, I will read & drink schnapps during the cook. I enjoy listening to the cook & watching the smoke swirl from the daisey wheel.[p]Rancher's Gourmet Meats of Kansas City prepared the roast.[p]