Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any ideas on stuffed pork loin??

Options
Jason
Jason Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking about, green, yellow & orange peppers, apple sauce, maybe pinneaple, brown sugar, spicy mustard, rosemary (my fav. for all pork) and anything else I might think of,, does anyone see any reason not to try this or have any other ideas, thank you Jason

Comments

• Jason,[p]Your idea sounds good to me. I just did some this weekend. I cut the loin thin so it rolled out to 1/4 - 1/2 inches thick. I marinated in pineapple juice for 2 - 3 hours. Then sprinkled with DP Red Eye Express, put on a layer of green onion venison sausage (any sausage would work), added a few Ortega green chiles filled with pine nuts (I would use Pinions if I was back in New Mexico). I then rolled up the loin, pinned in place, dusted the outside with DP Red Eye Express again, and cooked indirect for 1 3/4 - 2 hours at 300F on and elevated grill. Added Sugar Maple chips to the fire at onset of cooking. I got this idea from the DP website - Customer Recipes. They have a tenderloin recipe with Portabella mushrooms that also works well. I think Lawnranger submitted it them.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Jason,
    You're hard pressed to do better than Mr. Toad's Pork Loin in the recipe section.[p]Ken

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    loin1d.jpg
    <p />Jason,[p]I don't see any reason something like that wouldn't work. Mr. Toad's loin is very good too.[p]Loins are not my favorite cut. It seems I always marinate, inject, brine or stuff a loin to jazz it up a little. Sausage stuffed loin is another option. It is kind of a reunion of different flavors.[p]You just use a fillet knife to slice the loin as usual from each end, making a pocket. Fold a hank of sausage in two to match the length of the loin. Tie it so it won't curl and cook it about halfway done, remove the twine. [p]loin3.jpg[p]Season the inside of the loin then gently slide the sausage into place and tie the loin. This one was seasoned with pepper and coarse Dizzy Dust on the outside and pepper and Swamp Venom on the inside. [p]loin5.jpg[p]Then just sear & grill as usual. Bulk sausage works too, but I like to use ones in casing as they stay very moist. Pre-cooking the sausage insures that the loin won't be overdone.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Dang! That looks really, really good.
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq