Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

soaked T-bone Steak report

Rollocks
Rollocks Posts: 570
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried soaking a steak tonight. I started with a 1 1/2 inch thick t-bone steak. I soaked it for an hour in 100º water. I cooked it direct over 750º fire. The temp rose much higher as the steak cooked and the juice fueled the fire. I cooked one side for 115 seconds and the second side for 80 seconds. I took it off the grill put in on a plate with aluminum foil tent. I planned on waiting 10 minutes and the cut into it. I got a phone call and it was about 15 minutes before I got back to the steak. The steaks appearance and textue was rare to medium rare. (I prefer rare). It tasted good. The thing that was different about it though was the meat seemed warmer when it hit your tongue. It wasn't bad but was different to what I normally experience. I think I may experiment with soak time or check and record the meat temp when it is placed on the grill.

Rollocks