Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

peruvian chicken?

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i'd like to replicate the crispy, tasty spit-roasted chicken they sell in those peruvian chicken joints. These places are really popular in and the washington dc area. Any inputs?

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    mark,[p]I'm pretty sure there was a discussion on this last year. Search the archives.[p]Are you in the DC area? I live in College Park and work in Columbia, and there are a few others on the forum around here.[p]-Steve
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    I was also gonna ask if Mark was from the DC area. We have one of those peruvian places up the street, though I haven't had their chickens. My spice book doesn't mention Peru, so I don't even have a guess how they season it. Last year's archives are history I believe.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    mark,
    I found this recipe,does it sound like what ypur looking for.
    YB

[ul][li]Peruvian Chicken[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Mark
    Sorry,i meant "your"
    YB

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    mark,[p] Yup, lots of us Eggers in the DC area. We should probably schedule an informal fall get-together or something. Anyway, I found a cleaner version of the recipe YB found:[p]<font size="+2"><a href="http://nicole.itgo.com/prmdchkn10.html"><font color="#008040">Peruvian
    Chicken Recipe </font></a></font> [p]Also, the Washington Post ran an article in the Metro section about the places around the end of July. Don't think there were any recipes, but there might be a few clues about preparation in there. Search their archives. I've got a cookbook at home that might have something, too. I'll check later today.[p]MikeO

• Mark
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]Yes, I live in Arlington, and work in Tysons. I actually used to live in Columbia until a few years ago. I'm new to the forum, and new to the egg, but it does seem like alot of folks that contribute are in the DC/Baltimore region....[p]Mark

• Mark
    Options
    MikeO,[p]Thanks for your help, and yes, it does seem like the dc area has alot of eggers. I did read the Wash Post article you referred to, and the only mention of recipe was 3 ingredients: Salt, Pepper, and Lime juice. I'll try out this recipe and we'll see how it compares to places in the Arlington area like "El Pollo Rico"...[p]Thanks again!
    Mark[p][p]