Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lets talk price...

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Another referral leaning in Humpty's direction! This time it's a co-worker who hasn't even tasted the fruits of the egg. Apparently the local prices have gone up significantly in the past two years since I bought mine (on sale). Prices for the Large Egg range from $499 to $589...no eggcessories, just the egg. Is this pretty standard? Any suggestions for reducing the cost of a large?
I told him to get the daisy wheel, the ash tool and the grill gripper, and he's interested in the "nest," but cost of the egg seems prohibitive.

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    bdavidson,[p] Was in BBQ's Galore a couple weeks ago looking for a small nest. Seemed to me the cost of the large there was a bit high (though I noticed that some accessories came with it). What really caught my attention was the salesperson who told me that they didn't carry smalls anymore, just minis, mediums and larges. Price for the mini: $179. Wow! That's what my small cost![p]MikeO
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    bdavidson,
    If your driving to Eggtoberfest you can get a real deal on a large egg with most of the accessories including the nest.
    Larry

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Yardboy has a great point...if your coworker is willing to make the drive to Hotlanta, he will learn something too!! Otherwise, the price range you mentioned seems fair. I paid about 500 for my large (sans eggcessories) a bit over a year ago here in Virginia. Definitely money well spent!
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Correction: price range is now $499 to $649...just for the egg!!!
    I'll ask him about driving to ATL.
    Perhaps he'll be able to pick up an egg at Eggfest 2001? Hint. Hint.
    bd