Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FL Fest...Thanks to All.

Options
Lazydogsaloon
Lazydogsaloon Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC03082.jpg
<p />Florida EggFest –[p]First, hats off to Qbabe and Larry for another outstanding job. Again your hard work has allowed my family to have a great weekend. Second, Missy is back on her feet after the migraine and we had all three eggs fired up and cooking in St Pete on Sunday. I really enjoyed seeing all of the Egg-Friends again and making new ones! The fact that we were lucky enough to win the Mini made this even more special (Daniel seems to thank that is his grill even thought it was my ticket that won). For our first mini cook we did some simple mushrooms and onions, followed by a stuffed hamburger (cheese and onion). This was our second FL Fest and we plan on making many more. I can’t say enough about this special group of people we call Eggers. I really enjoyed talking/learning with everyone and for fear of forgetting someone I would just like to say a group thanks for the good time. I will say special thanks again to Qbabe and Larry for all of the hard work and time that goes into this special event. I also want to say thanks to all of you who made Daniel feel as much a part of the group and any adult there, being 15 is a tough age and you all helped him have a Super weekend. [p]Many Thanks and see you all soon.[p]
Luke

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Luke, Missy and Daniel,[p]Thanks for all of the kind words. It just broke my heart that Missy was hurting so much, but I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.[p]Nice egg station you have there. And, I think you don't stand a chance of keeping that mini! We need to figure out what Daniel's egg name is and get him a Lawn Ranger handle for it. You've raised a very fine young man and should be proud. He helped me all day long and I thoroughly enjoyed his company. [p]Be sure to post the recipes (or get Missy to do it) for your sausage balls, the meatballs in the crockpot, and I especially want the recipe (or a source) for the pepper jelly you used on the pork loin. [p]We're looking forward to seeing you guys again soon. I'll let you know when the planning party is (sometime in the fall).[p]Hugs to everyone,
    Tonia
    :~)

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Luke,
    Ok... we thought about inviting you all over for dinner one night. Then you broke out the cherry bombs and we were pretty sure you were going to be invited. Now you post a pic of your table and I'm wondering why your not here yet?!? Just kidding of course...[p]That is a sweeeeet setup. We will give you all a ring when our business travel lets up cook some food. It goes without question that Daniel is invited too.
    Talk to you soon.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    lazydogsaloon,[p]Nice table. Got any plans for it?[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Cracker & Egg
    Options
    lazydogsaloon,
    I recall the words "you can take it to college with you" as you were loading the mini. That definitely means you're going to miss it.[p]Jennifer and I really enjoyed Daniel although I will not forgive him for teaming up with her after I kicked their butts in bocce ball. He's obviously been spendin' too much time with his momma.[p]Enjoyed hangin' with you too, sorry we didn't get to spend any time with Daniel's momma, just glad she finally kicked the headache.[p]'til the next..............time.[p]Tripp
    Cracker & Egg

• 2bossy!
    2bossy! Posts: 48
    Options
    Cracker & Egg,[p]Hey! I resemble that remark. Daniel enjoyed himself immensely playing the game of bocce ball and is wanting to get one for the backyard! Sorry I missed meeting so many new friends, but I appreciate everyone keeping Luke entertained! (ha ha) Hope to see you soon.[p]Missy
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Sorry I dont have the plans, I had a friend build the table and we just kinda went for it wihtout a lot of thouhgt on my part. [p]Luke

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    lazydogsaloon,[p]Looks great! I'm jealous!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas