Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped filets

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would anyone have sample timings to try on 2" thick bacon-wrapped filets? I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 3/3/4/4 at about 700F (three sear first side, three sear second side, four per side dwell)[p]Thanks[p]Dana

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    steak2.jpg
    <p />Dana,[p]It sounds about right for medium steaks. I am not sure what 3-3-4-4 would be. Normally we see something like 4-4-5 which is 4 on side A, 4 on side B, and 5 with all vents closed.[p]Sometimes I do a sear until done where I do 5-4-3-2 or close to it flipping them each time over 750 deg fire. Times that short are guesses to some degree but you gety the idea. [p]Tim
    [ul][li]--- Tim's BGE site ---[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Dana,[p]Each time you turn the steak, you pour juices off the meat. Turn the meat only once to sear each side and then close the vents for the dwell. A 3 minute sear (700F easch side) and a 4 minute dwell (total of 10 minutes for the cook) should produce a nice medium rare steak.[p]Spin