Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin tip roast

Options
mule
mule Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a couple of 4 pound sirloin tip roasts yesterday. After looking at the archives, I still am not sure the best way to cook them. Direct or indirect?? Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks in advance!![p]mule

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    mule,[p]Here's what I did with an eye round but I the same could be done with a sirloin tip roast. (from a post several weeks ago)[p]"I had been wondering for the longest time what to do with a Black Angus eye round roast I had in the freezer. I marinated it for about a day in rosemary , garlic, olive oil, red wine and some garlic lover's marinade that I had on hand. Then I tried Nature Boy's Reverse Pit Beef recipe. (Cooked low at 225 or so until it reached 132, then removed and seared at the end of the cook.) Also, it was covered with Cow Lick during the cook. I did this specifically for sandwiches and they were outrageously good. Horseradish sauce on the sandwiches...big-time yum."[p]I might take it off a few degrees lower when I do another one (128 or so)[p]

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    mule,[p]Oh, I think I did it indirect over a couple of firebricks on a rack with a drip pan. Then I removed that set up at the end for the sear.