Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MNF: The Food--Best Wings Yet

Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At this point in the game the Rams are two TDs up on the Broncos and the leftovers are put away.[p]They were my best wings yet. I find wings to be the hardest thing to cook on the egg. Probably because the require attention when most things don't. My wings usually turn out burnt or kinda ruberry. Tonight they were perfect. I cooked four pounds at about 300*-350* for close to 45 minutes, turning most once. The wood was a hickory chunk.[p]The marinade was the Recado Rojo from Raichlen's rub book. This wet rub is great. We made it about a month ago and I used the final 1/2 cup or so on these four pounds of wings. They marinated for about 2 hours. The flavor penetrated the meat well and was a nice departure from the extra hot wings one usually thinks of.[p]MMMMmmmmm good.[p]Fritz