Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Sirloin Followup...Incredibly Easy and Delicious

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2145.jpg
<p />For anyone looking for a real, sure-fire cook, I'd add this to my list. I never did a follow-up on this cook. It is one the easiest and consistent cooks I have ever done. This was a suggested recipe from Steve Graves aka, Ask-A-Butcher. It's a 3+inch cut of Prime, Top Sirloin that was rubbed 24 hours in advance with a little oil and a heavy coating of QBabes Coffee Rub. The flavors of the rub really melt into the meat during that time. The steak is then tightly wrapped with butcher's twine and sucked up until it is closer to 4 inches thick.[p]It's seared at hight temps for two minutes per side then removed to set up for an indirect, raised cook. [p]The Egg is then stabilized at 350 with plate setter and drip pan and the steak is finished at this temp to approx. 128 - 130 internal. Remove from Egg, foil tent for a few minutes and then slice against the grain. It' is fantastic, and really an impressive meal for not big bucks. Serve with Max's pancetta, mushroom mixture and it's restaurant quality fare. [p]Mike[p]
IMG_2146.jpg[p]IMG_2037.jpg