Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kabobs on the Egg

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
kabob1.jpg
<p />I did a few Kabobs for the family last night. Beef tips, green peppers, mushrooms. I did these much like steaks - 700 deg and seared them and closed the Egg and let them dwell for a few minutes until my wife gave me the "go ahead" to bring them in. [p]Tonight, beef tenderloin for guests.[p]Tim

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sounds great, but I think the forum dumps your pics somewhere between 0 - 19 years.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I noticed that too. Several other today have January 2000 as the start date, with an edit at the time they posted, with no pictures for these cooks.

Ahem, paging @The Buffalo 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Wife is Greek, so lots of greek food (big shocker being from Chicago) anyway, we make this twice a week:

Souvlaki:

2 lemon, juiced

1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup soy sauce

2 teaspoon dried oregano (greek oregano is best)
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 Lbs pork butt trim excessive fat, cut 3/4" by 3/4"
    2 onions cut in to quarters
    2 bell peppers cut in to 3/4" by 3/4 inch
    skewers

Add all ingredients except onion and bell pepper and marinate 8 hours to 24 hours. Assemble, grill on BGE (only works on the BGE and not those red things :) 

Get some nice pita's and..
     Tzatziki sauce:

16 oz low reduced fat sour cream (it's thicker)
    1/2 cucumber shredded then put in cheesecloth or many paper towels to extract excess water.
    1 tablespoon crushed garlic
    1/2 teaspoon red wind vinegar 

About the sour cream vs. greek yogurt, most greek restaurants (and believe me I have a handful of relatives that own plenty of them) use sour cream, it's quicker and 99% of people wouldn't know the difference.  
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL