Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I've got a Pizza question?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying pizza on the egg for the first time. I've got two questions. [p]One I don't have a pizza peel so I'm thinking about using just a baking pan. Will that work to transfer to pizza to the egg/stone or do any of you have any other suggestions.[p]My second question is there any way to cook more than one pizza at a time? I'm assuming there is not.[p]As always your help will make tonights dinner all the better.[p]Thanks, Frank

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Franco,[p]Do you have access to a large cookie spatula? Something like that will suffice for the night. I do recommend that you invest in a pizza peel. The bigger challenge is getting the pizza off of the stone when you've finished the bake.[p]I'll pass on the more than one pizza at a time question. I wouldn't venture to guess how that might be done. I have, however, baked up to eight pies in succession a couple of times and kept everyone's attention throughout - roughly 80 minutes. :)[p]Puj

• Franco
    Franco Posts: 88
    Options
    Puj, where do you fined peels?[p]Thanks, Frank

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Franco,
    A large Department store's cooking section should have them. Or any cooking speciality store.
    Firball

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Fireball,[p]... or restaurant supply store/catalog.[p]Puj
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Franco,[p]I've used a piece of cardboard to insert the pie and a cookie sheet to remove it. Awkward but it works, but only if the pizza is cooked at or slightly above the opening lip of your Egg. Dropping the pie onto a grill level pizza stone is an interesting procedure. Removing the finished pie is entirely fastinating.[p]I haven't attempted multiple pies as the setup would be much to complicated for a high temp short time cook.[p]Spin[p]

• Franco, you can pre-bake the crust a couple of minutes, just enough to set/dry the bottom. Then assemble the pizza, and you can easily slide it on or off the stone with a large spatula.