Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover, Rheated, Transported Brisket Advice

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are smoking a brisket tonight.[p]Tomorrow night we are going on a boat cruise (The Belle of Louisville, a traditional steamboat on the Ohio River) with our church. I would like to reheat the brisket and take it along.[p]My plan right now is to slice it tonight and refrigerate ite. Then tomorow microwave it, wrap it in aluminum foil and a towel, place it in a cooler to keep warm for an hour or so (hopefully). Then serve it with sauce on the side.[p]I am thinking about reheating it in sauce and taking it that way.[p]Another alternative is to just take it cold and have it as a sandwich.[p]Any suggestions or experiences?[p]Fritz

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Fritz,
    the best luck I've had when reheating brisket or PP is to put it in a shallow casserole pan, pour a 16 oz bottle of Coke or Pepsi over the top, cover it with aluminum foil and heat it for a couple of hours at 250 to 300 degrees. You'll never taste the Coke or Pepsi, but it will be moist and tender beyond belief![p]Dr. Chicken