Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey burgers ala BGE

Options
bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In spirit of all those trying to watch they're weight and want to use the egg to help, here is a great recipe for turkey burgers. [p]2.5# ground turkey
1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T plus 1t fresh parsley, minced
1 T fresh basil, minced
1.5 T fresh rosemary, minced
0.5 t kosher or sea salt
1.25 t black pepper
2.5 T Sour cream[p]Mix all of the ingredients gently, and form into patties. Grill or pan fry to your likeness.[p]Adjust seasonings accordingly for dry herbs and to your personal tastes. Enjoy! they are gooooooooood![p]phillip

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    I see you are awake at 3:00 AM too. I can't sleep and naturally I had to check the Forum. I like your recipe and will keep it handy. When on a diet one must make adjustments wherever possible. We eat turkey bacon instead of Canadian bacon, and frequently make bunless burgers using ground chicken or turkey. Very tasty.[p]Anyway, thanks for the recipe. I'm headed back to bed.[p]Spring "Early Bird" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]When you make your bunless burger try substituting a large leaf of iceburg lettuce. Place the cooked burger in the middle of the leaf, top with your fixings and wrak it up like a present. I have found that I like burgers better that way that with a bun, whether dieting or not![p]
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Eggecutioner,
    The South Beach Diet has something similar on the menu during the first two weeks. It is usually a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. It calls for a spoon of homemade celantro mayonnaise spread on a Romaine lettuce leaf and topped with a slice of turkey meat, rolled and enjoyed to the fullest. Beats nothing.[p]Spring "Down Another 24 Ounces" Chicken

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    grill to my likeness?
    does that mean to shape it into the form of my hideous visage? ...or should my grill marks burn my portrait into the patty?[p]either way, disturbing.[p]har har
    i so funny

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bbqwizard
    Options
    stike,[p] That was suppose to say to your liking. you know, rare, med, etc.[p]phillip
  • bbqwizard
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]i too make bunless burgers- that is a great tip, thanks![p]phillip
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    i know.[p]but what you need to know is that i-yamma-wye-zass.[p]all i good fun. i expect the same grief from this crowd, too.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    bbqwizard,[p]Your Welcome... However, I can not take the credit. All credit goes to Suzanne Sommers. I saw her on some show years ago, and thats what she suggested. I tried it and liked it. Really liked it.[p]Joe