Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Christmas Ham

HasenphefferHasenpheffer Posts: 156
edited 2:53PM in EggHead Forum
DSCN2497.jpg
<p />Due to rain in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow morning I decided to go ahead and put the ham on. This will be my first one so wish me luck. I'll reheat in that big box in the kitchen tomorrow and add the glaze and pineapple slices.

Comments

• OHHH, and Merry Christmas!!!
  • Hasenfeffer,
    What is all of the yellow in the pan?

• RRPRRP Posts: 22,055
    Me, since he hasn't gotten back to the board and just in case you're cooking a ham tomorrow also it most likely is a 50/50 mix of orange juice and water. That's a pretty common thing amongst a bunch of us when egging a ham. HTH

L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Me,
    RRP is correct; orange juice and water.

• DSCN2499.jpg
    <p />How's it looking? Next comes the glaze. yummmm

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 197
    Hasenfeffer,
    Looks like a pic right out of a Southern Living Magazine! Very nice and appetizing.
    Merry Christmas & enjoy that ham![p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ,
    Thanks buddy! Can't wait to dig in tomorrow.

• DSCN2519.jpg
    <p />I may have to sneak a piece before dinner. The cook is intitled to that, right? Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
    Merry Christmas!