Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Reverse Seared Pit Beef

2»

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,538
    thirdeye,
    Interestin thinkin. Always helpful hearing theories from those who think a lot about cookin.[p]I guess in the end, though, the only way to tell is with a side by side comparison! Dang. I guess we gotta go experiment more![p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    How long, and at what temp, did you sear it for?
    Last time I saw something like this attempted was when Cornfed did his in the cast iron(sear 1st). Awesome meat!
    Thanx for sharing.
    ST

• RRPRRP Posts: 22,519
    Nature Boy, thanks for the idea and all the chatter that followed. A month or so ago my wife proudly brought home a sirloin tip roast which she thought was the hard to find tri-tip I kept telling her about. Well, I merely froze that chuck of cow and now I think I'll try your approach to that piece next week.[p]
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • tach18k,[p]Thanks for info and pic. That's what I like, a nice charred outside........whew!!.........it adds such gooooood taste.[p]Thanks again,
    Paul

• Nature Boy,[p]That really looks great!! I'll bet that made a great sammich.[p]Dave