Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Q- quiche

Options
bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted this on another forum, but not everyone goes ther so her you go. I bet this would be great on the egg too![p]I made this last night with leftover pork shoulder and smoked turkey breast. Excellent way to use up your leftovers and smells fantastic when baking.[p](Measurments approximate as i just threw it all together.)[p]1- pie shell (baked)
4 eggs
5 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
dash of spicy rub
dash od garlic powder
dash of chili powder
1/3 cup smoked gouda cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 cups chopped pork
1 cup chopped smoked turkey
1 cup chopped fresh spinach[p]1. mix together the eggs, milk, seasonings, and cheese.
2. layer the meat in the bottom of the baked pie shell, followed by the spinach.
3. Pour egg mixture into the shell and gently press down the ingredients as to help distribute the liquid. sprinkle a little rub on top, and place in a 350* oven until the center giggles slightly.[p]Now obviously you can use anything you want for this, but this is what I had on hand. Feel free to add subtract etc. Whatever works for you. For a richer custard, use cream and/or half & half in place of the milk, and use all whole eggs if you wish. Try it you'll like it![p]phillip [p]