Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy Beef Ribs?

Options
Bama Egger
Bama Egger Posts: 137
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family and I like these better than pork spares but have a very difficult time finding them in Sam's or Costco in South NJ area. Anyone know a place?[p]Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    April2005BeefBackRibs.jpg
    <p />Paul,[p]In South Jersey you should have plenty of butchers who could set you up with nice and meaty beef "back" ribs.
    Fellow egger, Chuck, who lives in NJ across from Philly has a good butcher. Hopefully he will be along soon to help.
    They are a big favorite with WooKitties and me.
    Good Luck![p]John

• Grillicious
    Options
    Paul,I live in Texas and believe it or not I have a hard time finding them in rack form off the shelf, so to speak. I have to go to Central Market or a butcher.

• WooDoggies, Damn Man !!! Thems the best lookin meatiest beef ribs I've ever seen. I'm gonna have to pass on the previously frozen ones that have been trimmed to the point that there is no meat left on them that I find at my local stores and go visit my local butcher. Beef ribs are one of my favorites. Rock On !!!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    10a0d31d.jpg
    <p />Paul,
    its hard to find them up here too(especially good meaty ones from the chuck end), best to buy and freeze as many as you can when you do find them.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    564faf76.jpg
    <p />Paul,[p]You might ask around for chuck riblets. They are tasty, only about a 3 1/2 hour cook, and around $1.50/lb.[p]76099d0a.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Bama Egger
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Wow........they look good!!!!!!

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Paul,[p]Bringhurst meats (see link) in Berlin has or will get you beef ribs. If you don't see what you want at the counter just ask, they have a lot of stuff not on display. They have even cut me a brisket right out of the side of beef as I waited. [p]Where are you from in Jersey? I am in Medford.[p]Have a great night.[p]Chuck

[ul][li]Bringhurst.[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Yo FatBack![p]Absolutely go to your butcher and request these. Nearly all of the beef ribs you find in the grocer have been trimmed to bare bones and aren't even worth the effort.[p]I cook beef ribs the same as spares and the intense beef flavor on the back ribs is so sweet and addictive![p]PBRs to you,
    John

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chuck,
    if you have a butcher like that, have him get you some hanger steaks. .. .you won't be sorry. ...

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks for the suggestion. I will definately give them a try.[p]I hope all is well with you and the family. Say hi for me.[p]Chuck