Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Thanksgiving Dinner - Ever - No Turkey - Who else?

Options
Memphis
Memphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Because of family out of town we celebrated Thanksgiving last night. And for the 1st time in my life we had NO turkey - and it was the best ever !!!!! I think we started a new nontraditional tradition !!!!!!!!! Anyone else have an unusual menu ??
Here is mine:[p]Shrimp ABTs[p]Champagne Quail smoked with Sage - these were awesome - thanks to all who sent recipes (sorry - no pictures)[p]Smoked Duck breasts in italian marinade[p]Turnip greens with hamhocks[p]Cracklin cornbread[p]Wild rice and broccli cassarole[p]Homemade apple and pumpkin pie[p]

Comments

• Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    lawrys008.jpg
    <p />Memphis,[p]We had a nice spicy bowl of Tom Yum. Last year it was Lasagne and the year before pot roast. Christmas last year was gumbo, great reviews on that one.......may have to repeat for this Christmas.[p]Rick
  • Memphis,
    Well, I was supposed to have Turkey with my Mom in her assisted living place, but with the icey roads and not feeling well I renegged and rebooked for the weekend. That left the cornish hens I was going to make before Vic started his night shift. They had turned (Gag) That left the turkey meatloaf which I had thankfully thrown together to freeze.... And all in all, it was OK, peaceful, even.

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Memphis,[p]Yep. Garlic shrimp wok-topped on my Egg, baked eggplant with garlic and cheese, garlic pasta with pine nuts, and salad with garlic dressing. [There was a theme here, I guess.][p]But that was Thursday. Today [Saturday] we are off to Grandma's for turkey on HER BGE! [No joke -- Grandma is a brilliant and passionate Egger.]

• Rumrunner
    Options
    cedar.jpg
    <p />Memphis, not this year, but a few years ago, a few of us spent Thanksgiving (wed thru sun) at Cedar Key, Florida. We ate nothing but seafood the whole time. Yes, it was enjoyable ;) The pic was taken on TG morning at 7, temp 35°.