Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turducken Results

Options
Capt. Dan
Capt. Dan Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ordered a cornbread stuffing Turducken from Cajun Taste and recieved a rice and sausage stuffing instead. Tried to order from Heberts but they were already sold out for Thanksgiving. Filled the egg with Wicked Good lump with a light sprinkling of cherry chips scattered throughout. Platesetter legs up, water pan on platsetter, grid on top of water pan, 15 pound Turducken in V-Rack, V-Rack in Aluminum pan setting on grid. Had to bend the pan just a bit to close the egg. Temp. was 350-400. I will say this was a lot of heat for the egg to keep up. The firebox was full, and at 4 hours started losing temp. I had burned almost a whole egg full of Wicked good lump in 4 hours. Fortunately it was done. I checked the bird at 3 and 1 1/2 hours and it was at 150 degrees. Because of family and Thanksgiving day confusion at 4 hours and 10 minutes it was at 170. Should have been checked and pulled earlier at 160. Still delicious. I was going to try to make gravy with the drippings but there was very little. I guess the stuffing absorbed it. Definite smoke taste that was strong but not overpowering. I am not sure if the water pan helped. I did add water half way through the cook as it did boil off quite a bit. I will cook another one for Christmas and be ready for the problems on this bird. Cannot believe it burned all that lump. It is now 3:47 a.m. and I am going duck hunting. Will be back Sun. evening. Everyone have a great weekend. Capt. Dan