Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another stuffing recipe

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just typed this out for someone else so I figured I'd post here in case anyone's interested. This is from the Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home book. I've made this for the past several years and people love it.[p]Cornbread and Sage Sausage Stuffing[p] * 8 cups unsweetened cornbread (1 and 1/4 pounds)
* 3 Tbs Canola Oil
* 8 ounces pork sausage meat
* 3 Tbs butter
* 1 and 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 6 ounces mushrooms coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
* 3 Tbs minced fresh sage or 1/2 Tbs dried sage
* 3/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1 cup chicken stock[p]Fry the sausage meat in small pieces until cooked but not brown.
Remove the meat and then add the butter and the rest of the oil to the
fat in the pan and set over medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies, sage, salt, and pepper and toss together. Saute until soft, about 8 minutes, then return the sausage to the pan and pour in the stock. Cook together for a minute or so.[p]Break the cornbread into 1/2 inch cubes, then scrape this cooked
mixture over the cornbread. Toss thoroughly until evenly moist, taste, and adjust seasonings.[p]Here's the generic cornbread recipe she includes along with this in
case you want to make your own.[p]Cornbread[p] * 1 cup flour
* 1 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1 Tbs baking powder
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 4 Tbs butter[p]Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat the eggs lightly in another
bowl then add the milk and melted butter. Mix the wet into the dry
then pour into a buttered 8 inch square or 9 inch round pan. Bake at
400* for approximately 20 minutes.[p]Later,
Cornfed