Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another "Mini" Pork Butt

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday we did another 3.25# pork butt on the mini. This time I used a drip pan with liquid in it and set the grill on top of that. We used an 8 inch pie pan with a lip for the drip pan. It was able to hang on the fire ring. This provided a nice shield and I was able to keep the tmp in the 200-225* range. The fire did go out after about six hours (meat at 170*), but I removed the meat, added some coal and relit the BGE. I cranked the heat up to about 300*, without a drip pan, and the polder rang 200* about an hour later.[p]This piece of meat was a better cut and contained a bone. The reuslt was the wonderful pulled pork we all know and love.[p]When I get another grill and can elevate the meat a bit I think I can get the coals to last enough for a full cook.[p]Fritz

Comments