Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Consumption Turns Down......

Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to say the mini is a frugal little fellow. He makes the most out of whatever is in him. Last night we grilled some brats (after boiling them in beer and onions <grin>). I opened up the small and the mini. The mini had been emptied and cleaned, the small had been used for another cook a while back. I took the scraps out of the small and tossed them in the mini. In went a firestarter. After about 15 minutes or so coals were red and temp was reading about 550* and climbing. I could've done steaks on this 100% used lump! I cooled it down and on went the brats. Vunderbar.[p]Fritz

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Fritz, I love those big BBQ pound puppies (brats) That Mini must be a hip little fella..Gotta get one..but fishing has been the pits...cannot use that as a excuse anymore. Wiffy is getting leary!!
    C~W[p]