Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Eggcellent Jerked Pork

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Deep in the heart of my freezer, I found a small boneless Pork loin roast that was dated 5/14/99. The only thing that figured I could do with it was make Jerk Pork. So I did. [p]On Friday of last week, I defrosted the meat and applied ample amounts of Eaton’s Jerk Seasoning. I let the meat sit until yesterday. Normally, I would use bricks and drip pan but I decided to grill it direct this time. I also would have slow smoked it for about 4 hours at 225.[p]I fired up my long cold egg. Thanks to KennyG’s fire grate, I did not add new lump, I did not stir the old, I just dropped in a fire starter. I let the temperature get up to 300. I tossed in a soaked lump of Guava Wood and put the pork directly on the grill.[p]After a half-hour, I flipped the pork over and again after another half-hour. Next every 15 minutes, I flipped the pork to get an even crust. After about 2 hours, the polder hit 160. I was ready to eat.[p]I let the roast sit for about 10 minutes. When I sliced it, the juices just flowed all over the place. I was amazed. Remember this had been frozen for over seven months. The term fork tender applied. My wife asked what I did differently, because she said that this was one of the best Jerk Pork Roasts that I had made. Both of my older kids ate three pieces. My youngest (now seven months) even got into the act. He was just smiling away as I was feeding him the Jerk Pork (Yes, I cut the hot exterior off for him)[p]The total time including cleanup took roughly three hours. Much improved from the turkey of the day before.[p]From now on, I am going to cook the Jerk directly on the grill.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]