Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keeping temperature up

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm still getting the hang of my BGE and have trouble getting it hot enough and keeping it there. I think I'm filling it properly. Any ideas?

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Andrea, check out the link - it contains a few posts from the past from a few of the EGGsperts. Hope it helps.

[ul][li]Getting a GOOD Fire in the BGE[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Andrea,[p]Welcome to the forum and family. Fill your Egg to above the holes in the firebox using lump charcoal. Start your Egg with the bottom vent wide open and no top vent control. Allow the temp to rise to 50F under your intended cooking temp. Add the top control (daisey wide open, or combo top 1/2 open) and close the bottom vent to 1/4 opening to catch the temp rise.[p]Adjust vents to control temp just below cooking temp and then bump them open just a tad to increase to cooking temp.[p]Spin[p]