Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need "Mini" V-Rack....

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are doig a 2.75# pork butt today (like now) in the mini. The v-rack we have is too big dor the mini any suggestions on fashioning a makeshift one?[p]Thanks.[p]Fritz

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    miniring.jpg
    <p />Fritz,
    I know you don't have time now,but when you do, get a 8 inch pie pan and a extra 9 inch grill from the egg store,makes a good drip pan and rack,i think a v-rack will be to tall.I took a lot of pictures in Fla.of the mini loaded to the gills,maybe Bryan will post them for me,i need to break down and buy a scanner.
    YB

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Options
    YB,[p]Yeah, I do need to do that. Today I am taking a small aluminum foil drip pan and taking a few small sheets of aluminum foil, rolling them up to forfour short rods and one long one. I am then placing these in the drip pan and resting the meat on top. I think this is gonna work.[p]Fritz
  • VaDave
    VaDave Posts: 21
    Options
    Fritz,
    Good thinking....that's what the "real chefs" do. Professional chefs sometimes skip the fabricated metal rack altogether (another piece of single purpose equipment in a crowded kitchen, after all), and use the rolled-up/bunched up foil method. Basically, anything to elevate the butt off the bottom of the pan will do the trick, though as others have pointed out, if the pan has high sides you may need to turn it.