Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PP turned out great

Options
dhuffjr
dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I pulled it at 190. Wanted to wait another 10 degress but when your 90 year old grandpa is in town you have to sacrifice. Still was very good. I did a PP cook for 29 hours once. Found that thread when searching the archives for my low temp fire worries.[p]Also made ABTs Friday and Saturday. I don't know what I was thinking waiting so long to make these. ABTs rock. Next best thing is those bacon wrapped watermelon rind goodies from the Fest. I'm on the lookout for some pickeled watermelon rind![p]I did mine mixing some of my rub mixture into the cream cheese with a shake of shredded parmesian and feta cheese. Friday was cheese only. Saturday had the PP in the bottom. I'd already sliced the peppers in two before I realized they should have been slit open not cut in half. Made some Saturday without the bacon for the wife. I tried one and the pepper was charred alot more without the bacon. Almost as good as those with bacon.[p]Question, I did these on my small direct with temps between 300 and 400, how else do folks cook these?