Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP WITH BRISKET

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a 6 pond brisket and would like some ideas for cooking on the Egg. This will be my first attempt!

Comments

• Daddy Pat
    Options
    Pete,
    This is the way I cook my briskets and I am pleased with the results.. *** 1 5-7 lb brisket flat – used the following rub on the brisket. ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
    ¼ cup of firmly packed dark brown
    1 Tbs. garlic salt
    1 Tbs. garlic salt
    1 Tbs. black pepper
    1 Tbs. paprika
    1 Tbs. chili powder
    1 tsp. celery salt
    ¼ tsp. allspice
    ¼ tsp. thyme
    Pour Worcestershire sauce over brisket and rub it in. Mix other ingredients and season brisket then rub into the brisket. Prepare BGE @ 230 degrees (indirect setup) and cook until 195 internal temp. Once internal temperature is achieved wrap the brisket in heavy duty foil and rest for at least 1 hour or until ready to eat...Daddy Pat

• Daddy Pat,
    What is your average cook time?

• Daddy Pat
    Options
    Pete,
    I would say about 1.5 - 2 hrs per lb. is what I plan on.

• smokinstud
    Options
    Pete,[p]All of the postings so far are great ideas/methods for brisket prep and I add a few "smokin-stud/panhandle" techniques as well. The Dizzy Pig is a great rub for brisket...it's a flavorful, and more importantly, coarse rub. Rub the brisket down and let it sit or "sweat" in the fridge overnight. Then place it fat side UP on the Egg. This allows the fat to soak/leach through the meat throughout cooking, keeping it moist and flavorful. I enjoy using a Mop Sauce with my briskets as well as pork butts. This maintains the moisture as well as adding flavor. The whole process takes 1.5-2 hrs per lb. right at 175 to 200 degrees. No higher than 225!! SLOW N LOW. I made this while down at FSU...told it was the best they ever had (even by my roommate from Texas and his family!! What a compliment!!)[p]Hope you had a "Panhandle" Oyster at Eggtoberfest. I had fun egging those. See you next year--or "sooner" at Oklahoma Eggfest.[p]GO NOLES!!!! Joey