Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Havin' a ball!

Daddio
Daddio Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my BGE for about a month now, and the Charbroil Gas Grill and my Brinkman are looking mighty lonely out behind the barn![p]Had a birthday celebration today, and the request was for blackened chicken. Our existing recipe has always been a success, but this was my first on the BGE. [p]I am not sure whether to leave the lid up or down for the hot fire necessary, but the results were good although I did get some a little dry. Any of you had experience? (Dumb question)

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Daddio,
    Leave the dome closed and the top cap off for higher temp cooks. 500-550 should char your chicken pretty nicely. Breasts are delicious, and moist if cooked just right...but they are easy to overcook. We cook more dark meat, as it is more forgiving, and juicy...but white meat is splendid if you pull it off in time (165 internal).[p]Bob (FKA Smokin Bob) likes his chicken done at those high temps, and he might chime in with some of his experiences.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Daddy...good to have you aboard..yep..someone is using the other slang version.
    Normally, we don't use the BGE as a open grill as it defeats the cooking environment that gives its unique abilities.
    Next time your ready for a bird in the egg,,,yell out and the best with the rest will come stampeding to your rescue.
    The best chicken you ever ate, next to or equal to deep peanut oil cooked, is coming your way. Turkey, duck and goose as well.
    Cheers..C~W[p]