Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Replacement Parts

edited 9:37PM in EggHead Forum
I cannot find an oval cooking grate for a Kingsford Charcoal Grill that I purchased in approximately 1995. The only grates that I can find are circular. Any thoughts?


  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Kevin Devanney,[p]Get a circular one that is close to the right dimensions. Grab one side and have a friend grab the other. On the count of three, pull until you have acvhieved the desired degree of ovality (ovalness, ovalhood, whatever).[p]Cornfed
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Kevin Devanney,[p]
    Kingsford Charcoal Grills
    1400 S. 13th St.
    Louisville, KY 40210
    800/ 585-4745[p]Try this

  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, Dang, I was gonna suggest going to the metal shop and haveing thick heavy guage diamond mesh cut in a oval and reinforced rod across it..or buy a BGE..First part is cheaper...:-)
    Last part is more soul filling and rewarding. sigh!!!

  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Char-Woody,[p]I think yours and JJ's suggestions will work better than mine...unless the friend pulling from the other side is pretty darn strong...[p]Cornfed
  • JJ,[p]Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.